Call us immediately to understand your rights
530-966-1684 | Free Consultation
what we do
Go to court for you
Fight for you
Defend against illegal police conduct
Review your case in person
Take your case to trial
act quickly to protect your rights when arrested for a DUI!
You only have 10 days from the date of your arrest to contact the Department of Motor Vehicles and request an administrative hearing or you will automatically lose your drivers license for a period of four months. If you were arrested in northern California you can contact the Redding Driver's Safety Office at (530) 224-4755.
In your criminal case the arresting officer will give you a notice to appear which usually is your arraignment where you will enter a plea of NOT GUILTY and set the matter for a pre-trial conference. Unless your case is "unusual" we can appear on your behalf and you should never have to go to court.
DUIs are not to be taken lightly, the fines for a first time offense can be up to$2,100.00. Jail time is usually 48 hours if probation is granted. Probation can last up to three years for a first time DUI offense.
A breath test has many variables that can be challenged based on current junk science. Issues such as improper calibration of the machine, improper 15 minute waiting period, unlicensed facility performed the breath alcohol analysis, failure to obtain deep lung air, mouth alcohol and GERD just to name a few.
Field Sobriety test can also be attacked. The National Transportation Safety Administration requires that the three standardized test must be explained and demonstrated exactly according to the SFST Manual or they are unreliable. Horizontal gaze nystagmous, Walk and turn, One leg stand. Were the field sobriety test done on a flat surface? We ask the right questions to ensure a proper defense.
Drunk In Public
1. Penal Code 647(f) can be charged as a misdemeanor or an infraction.
2. Up to 6 months in county jail and $1000.00+ in fines and fees.
3. If under 21, California has a "zero tolerance" rule and you will lose your driver's license for one year.
How can we help?
1. If you were a minor when arrested, we can file petition for critical needs drivers license to travel to and from school & employment.
2. Attack gaps in the police report & hold the prosecutor to proof beyond a reasonable doubt standard.
3. Go to court for you so you can continue on with your life.
4. Protect your constitutional rights to ensure you get a fair trial.
5. Make sure constitutional search & seizure rules were not violated.
6. GO TO TRIAL